efs fs module

To: Linux SGI <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: efs fs module
From: Chad Streck <streckc@vbe.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 05:29:53 -0600
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
I tried this questions to some people, but I was suggested to post here.

I would like do a clean install of IRIX on an Indy, but the Indy does
not have a CDROM.  I have a linux box, running RedHat 5.1, with a CDROM
located on the same network and was wondering if there is a way to mount
the install CDs on the linux box so that the Indy can read it.  What
I've read is that there is a read-only efs module floating around, but I
can not find anywhere to download it.  The only other reference was
efsmod 0.6, but it said that it is not usable on 2.1.x kernels of
linux.  Any help would be appreciated.

After a re-install of IRIX is completed, I could help by doing a linux
load on it, but I'm a newbie to the SGI/IRIX world, and may need a
little help.

thankyou,
chad