Re: What kernel to use to install RH on a R4400 ?

To: chad@sgi.com
Subject: Re: What kernel to use to install RH on a R4400 ?
From: Shrijeet Mukherjee <shm@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:30:39 -0800
Cc: Alexander Graefe <nachtfalke@usa.net>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Chad Carlin wrote:

->Alexander,
->
->I'm having similar problems with my R4400. I was trying to boot from
->another Indy. Now I went and got a PC and loaded linux on it. This
->should put my config as much like everyone elses as I can make it.
->Will try the boot later tonight.
->
->I've asked this list for anyone else running linux on an R4400. I've
->gotten no responses. You and I may be the only ones.
->

no siree, me too .. just that I have not gotten around to reporting on my
attempts ..

yeah the 2.1.131 kernel seemed to detect my SCSI devices and just stop ..
not being NFS bootable would explain that ..

Shrijeet

he who one day will find the time to build a cross-compile environment
:-()