Re: What kernel to use to install RH on a R4400 ?

To: Alexander Graefe <nachtfalke@usa.net>
Subject: Re: What kernel to use to install RH on a R4400 ?
From: Chad Carlin <chad@roctane.dallas.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 12:20:54 -0600
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Alexander,

I'm having similar problems with my R4400. I was trying to boot from
another Indy. Now I went and got a PC and loaded linux on it. This
should put my config as much like everyone elses as I can make it.
Will try the boot later tonight.

I've asked this list for anyone else running linux on an R4400. I've
gotten no responses. You and I may be the only ones.

Chad

Alexander Graefe wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I got as far as booting Linux via bootp on my Indy, but after the
> remote root-fs is mounted, the kernel dies with an "Aieee" and
> something about irq request handler.
>
> I tried booting with the 2.1.131-Kernel from ftp.linux.sgi.com, but
> that one doesn't try to mount the root-fs via NFS.
>
> What kernel should I use to actually see a prompt on my Indy ?
>
> Bye,
>         LeX, determined to get Linux on there :)
> --
> Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

            Chad Carlin                          Special Systems
            Silicon Graphics Inc.                   972.205.5911
            Pager 888.754.1597          VMail 800.414.7994 X5344
            chad@sgi.com             http://reality.sgi.com/chad
        "flying through hyper space ain't like dusting crops, boy"