weird HAL2

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: weird HAL2
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 23:10:03 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi,

I've looked at the HAL2 driver, and everything is looking strange hardware-
wise. The driver first resets the hardware by clearing the isr register and
setting the appropriate bits afterwards. But reading back isr indicates, that
the hardware is still in reset state. I've removed clearing of the isr, so the
driver just writes the same value as was before. This still leads to a HAL2
in reset state. Even removing the reset code completly the HAL2 acts very
strange. Doing the first indirect register access, causes as set busy bit
in isr, that's all. Any ideas ?

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]