Re: Press Release: Silicon Graphics Outlines Expanded Server Strategy to

To: Dave Olson <olson@anchor.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Press Release: Silicon Graphics Outlines Expanded Server Strategy to Grow Market Leadership into New Areas
From: Robbie Stone <rstone@vitelus.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 06:35:55 +0000 ( )
Cc: eak@detroit.sgi.com, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, mdlug@collie.net
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Yeah, I figured there wasn't one, SGI just wouldn't do that, but if you
goto www.sgi.com/software/irix6.5/ the picture at the
bottom(irix_chart.gif) sort of implies to me that the Onyx2's and Origins
will be running IRIX-IA64, now maybe I am misunderstanding this chart, but
if I am, then other people might, and you know how news articles come out,
I believe that the SGI/HP Cnet article recently at the last paragraph
referred to Linux as a language.

Robbie Stone, rstone@vitelus.com
Serendipity Simplex