Re: Parallel port support.

To: adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca (Alex deVries)
Subject: Re: Parallel port support.
From: olson@anchor.engr.sgi.com (Dave Olson)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:32:38 -0800 (PST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Alex deVries wrote:
|  So the only things that actually hang off the pbus in the indy are:
|  - some of the SCSI control registers for the wd33c93

Yes, the "control" interface to the wd93.

|  - HAL2

Yep.

And as earlier discussed:
        RTC, prom, interrupt controller, serial ports.

Now, I do have an old spec that describes the parallel port
as a seperate chip, but I am nearly certain we folded it into
hpc3.  I may have to retract that though.  None of the specs
I have in my office are the final versions, and I don't have
an indigo2 lying around to look at the final chip layout.  If
you find a chip marked PI1, then I am remembering wrong, and we
did the parallel port as a seperate chip.

|  Where does ISDN fit in?

I don't remember, and I don't have the Indy specs handy, and I can't
find the online docs right now.  I think it went on the pbus, but
that's a vague memory.

|  What other machines have the HPC3, and what kind of devices do they have
|  on them?

Only the Indigo2 series (r4k, r8k, r10k) and Indy.

Dave Olson, Silicon Graphics
http://reality.sgi.com/olson   olson@sgi.com