Re: HAL2 support.

To: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@bun.falkenberg.se>
Subject: Re: HAL2 support.
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:27:12 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Linux SGI <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> > Do you mind if I cvs upload them to the SGI kernel mailing list?
> CVS upload them to the mailing list, I don't get your point here. I have CVS
> access so I may upload them if I want to, and I can post it to the mailing
> list
> if you want me to. But it feels like too much people would laugh at me if I
> posted it at the moment.. I'll atleast get it through the compiler once again.

I'll merge them with a modern kernel and make sure that it all builds
properly.  That should be done in the next 30 hours.  Woo! Finally! Kernel
work!

> Does something else bother you than the incorrect type? I can't see anything
> else being wrong here.

No, but I just scanned the code quickly.

> And this line should actually be:
> } *h2_ctrl = (hal2_ctrl_regs *) KSEG1ADDR(H2_CTRL_PIO);

Okay.  Why's that?

Anyway, I'll get this code into the kernel so we have a way to debug it in
a distributed fashion.  It's clear there'll be problems with it; we'll get
through that over time.

- Alex