Re: compiling kernel

Subject: Re: compiling kernel
From: Matthias Kleinschmidt <mkleinschmidt@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 01:32:57 -0500
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 02:59:01PM -0500, Alex deVries wrote:
> This is usually because you didn't remove the "-N" in arch/mips/Makefile
> or similiar. It's in the FAQ, but I keep forgetting that myself.

Thank you. That helped. I read about this a few weeks ago but since I was
far away from compiling a kernel back then I did not remember it.

> My problem is when I build the kernel, I get nothing at all.  I get the
> first line, something like:
>
> 115360+19600+3136+334528+42744d+4248+6368 entry: 0x89fa8840
>

> then a blank line, then a total hang, mouse and keybaord included.

Looks like the console output is going to a serial line. Can you connect
over the network.
I do not have a keyboard, mouse and monitor. I get the console output to
the serial line.
Right now I get the output to my terminal but I can't get a login prompt.
However I can connect over the network.

Regards
 Matthias

--