Re: indigo2 extreme

To: Mike Shaver <>
Subject: Re: indigo2 extreme
From: "William J. Earl" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:53:29 -0800
Cc: "" <>
Mike Shaver writes:
 > So I've got a decent deal on an indigo2[*] with the extreme kit lined
 > up, and I'm wondering how much I'll regret it if I go ahead and purchase
 > it.  Will I live to see it run Linux?  Will I be able to use the x86
 > EISA code to get started?

      As has been discussed here a number of times, the Indigo2 is
not too different from an Indy.  The Extreme graphics, however, are
a challenge to support with open source software, and I do not yet
have authorization to release the hardware specifications for the
EISA interface either (although I keeping working on being able
to release all the hardware specifications).