Re: compiling kernel

To: Matthias Kleinschmidt <mkleinschmidt@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: compiling kernel
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:59:01 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Matthias Kleinschmidt wrote:
> It compiles fine but it will not boot. I get the following message:
> >> boot vmlinux
> >>
> 115360+19600+3136+334528+42744d+4248+6368 entry: 0x89fa8840
>

> Exception: <vector=UTLB Miss>

This is usually because you didn't remove the "-N" in arch/mips/Makefile
or similiar. It's in the FAQ, but I keep forgetting that myself.

My problem is when I build the kernel, I get nothing at all.  I get the
first line, something like:

115360+19600+3136+334528+42744d+4248+6368 entry: 0x89fa8840

then a blank line, then a total hang, mouse and keybaord included.

- Alex