Re: linus.linux.sgi.com

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: linus.linux.sgi.com
From: "William J. Earl" <wje@fir.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:06:20 -0800
Cc: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Alex deVries writes:

 > I don't mean to seem like a bother, but what is the deal with
 > linus.linux.sgi.com? We really need that machine for development.  I think
 > it's been a week now.

      I apologize for SGI for the long delay.  I just clarified to the
support people that it is indeed a critical resource, and they say it
should be back within two hours.  Some failed hardware (not,
apparently, on that machine itself) is being replaced.  For the longer
term, I will work on assuring more stable service.