Re: linus.linux.sgi.com

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: linus.linux.sgi.com
From: Richard Hartensveld <richard@infopact.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:44:25 -0800
Cc: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Posted-date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 19:39:53 +0100 (MET)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Alex deVries wrote:

> I don't mean to seem like a bother, but what is the deal with
> linus.linux.sgi.com? We really need that machine for development.  I think
> it's been a week now.
>
> If SGI isn't going to be able to support that service, that's fine.  Could
> you let us know so we can make other arrangements?

I've got a challenge S connected to the internet on a 34mbit connection,
running the (somewhat modificated) hardhat distribution.

I am more then willing to host the linux/SGI pages on this machine, and put
the machine up
for development if people are intrested.

I don't know if the www.linux.sgi.com machine is ever going to get back up,
but if it isn't,
this is maybe a solution?

Greetz,