Re: linus down?

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: linus down?
From: sr@dragon.engr.sgi.com (Steve Rikli)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:41:25 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Steve Rikli wrote:
> > Shrijeet Mukherjee wrote:
> > > On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Mike Shaver wrote:
> > >
> > > ->I can't get to cvs or http services on linus...anyone know what's up?
> > >
> > > I am seeing the same problem .. what is going on ?
> >
> > linus.linux.sgi.com gives every appearance of being down with some
> > kinda h/w problem.
> >
> > I've just started poking it -- more info when I have it.
>
> Update -- this has almost nothing to do with linus' h/w , rather it
> appears to be one of the Internet router connections to linus.
>
> Trying to get in touch with the appropriate parties now.

An addtional update here:

The appropriate parties responsible for the external network which
linus.linux.sgi.com lives on have been notified of the situation
and are (have been) looking at the matter for a while.

Unfortunately I don't have a full-fledged ETA yet, since the "fix"
likely involves some potential work on one of SGI's Internet routers.

Again, more info when I get it.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience so far.

sr.
--
|| Steve Rikli <sr@sgi.com> |||                                         ||
|| Systems Administrator    ||| Does fuzzy logic tickle?                ||