Re: SGI Linux HardHat 5.1 Install problems

To: "[Eazy|E]" <sniper@kibla.org>
Subject: Re: SGI Linux HardHat 5.1 Install problems
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 19:23:58 -0500 (EST)
Cc: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, [Eazy|E] wrote:
> VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesysmte).
> Adv: done running setup()
> Freeing unused kernel memory: 44k freed
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
>
> I'm using SGI Indy R3000 and I dont have a clue what's going wrong, can
> You help me please with that, because I'd really like to have Linux
> running on my SGI which is in school and I admin it.

Alright.  The first thing is that it can't possibly be an R3000 CPU, it's
an R4x00 or R5000.

The 'unable to open console' means that the kernel doesn't have access to
a root filesystem; that's likely a problem with your NFS server.

How do you have your root install fs exported?

- Alex

--
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
I know exactly what I want in life.