Re: Are we going to port RH 5.2?

To: Dave Babcock <>, Honza Pazdziora <>
Subject: Re: Are we going to port RH 5.2?
From: Honza Pazdziora <>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 13:57:17 +0100
> What was your secret to getting SGI/Linux on your Indy?

It was quite straightforward.

> I've been trying to do it for several days but with no luck.  The online
> instructions give directions for using another IA32 linux box which I've
> tried adapting to use my second Indy running 6.5.  I'm sure that's where
> the problem is but don't know the "secret incantation" to make it work.
> Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

OK, start with telling us what steps from the installation
instructions (I assume you are going by you did, how you did them and
where did the results start to differ from what you expected.

For debugging during the initiation phase, I recommend to have tcpdump
at hand so that you can check if the packets are running the way they

[CC'ed back to, so that the others could
comment as well.]

 Honza Pazdziora | |
                Boycott the Czech Telecom --