Re: Are we going to port RH 5.2?

To: Dave Babcock <daveb@sgi.com>, Honza Pazdziora <adelton@informatics.muni.cz>
Subject: Re: Are we going to port RH 5.2?
From: Honza Pazdziora <adelton@informatics.muni.cz>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 13:57:17 +0100
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com

> What was your secret to getting SGI/Linux on your Indy?

It was quite straightforward.

> I've been trying to do it for several days but with no luck.  The online
> instructions give directions for using another IA32 linux box which I've
> tried adapting to use my second Indy running 6.5.  I'm sure that's where
> the problem is but don't know the "secret incantation" to make it work.
>
> Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

OK, start with telling us what steps from the installation
instructions (I assume you are going by
http://www.linux.sgi.com/manhattan/) you did, how you did them and
where did the results start to differ from what you expected.

For debugging during the initiation phase, I recommend to have tcpdump
at hand so that you can check if the packets are running the way they
should.

[CC'ed back to linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, so that the others could
comment as well.]

 Honza Pazdziora | adelton@fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/