Re: crosscompiling for r5k.

To: Richard Hartensveld <richard@infopact.nl>, "linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com" <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: crosscompiling for r5k.
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 05:50:57 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 07:40:54AM -0800, Richard Hartensveld wrote:

> I'm having problems crosscompiling a kernel for my challenge s (180mhz
> R5000).

> Is it normal that when you configure for a r5k, gcc uses the
> '-mcpu=r8000' option?.

Doesn't matter.  GCC 2.7.2 only knew about TFP but not R5k.  I choose to
pass -mcpu=r8000 because for the one optimization where it matters the R8000
was the best match for the R5000.  Things would be different if we'd use
floating point, but we don't.

> When i compile, i get a kernel, only it won't boot.

> Some of you have come up with a fix the last time, only i haven't got it
> anymore, anyone that
> could help ?

Did you get trapped by the -N option bug in ld?  Just dump that option from
CFLAGS in arch/mips/Makefile.