Re: bootp on IRIX server

Subject: Re: bootp on IRIX server
From: ariel@oz.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:33:48 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
[Forwarding bounced message.
 Please subscribe with an explicit general-domain (no machine)
 to avoid anti-spam subscriber-only bounces.
 Majordomo is picky about this -- Ariel]

Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:23:19 -0800
From: Shrijeet Mukherjee <shm@engr.sgi.com>
To: Al Aumenta <aumenta@albany.sgi.com>
cc: "linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com" <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>

I had the same problem .. and I really do not remember what I did to make
it go away ..

but here are 2 things to try ..

1> run snoop on your SGI box .. and see what exactly is happening ..
2> try and bootp the unix kernel (IRIX) and see if bootp is setup and
running right ..

another thing I gathered is that there is some NFS incompatibility and we
need to serve the bootp of an intel linux box .. and thus I resorted to
that ..

hope this helps ..