Re: Hard Hat Linux (fwd)

To: Ariel Faigon <ariel@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Hard Hat Linux (fwd)
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@netscape.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 14:12:05 -0500
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Ariel Faigon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if I should feel amused or saddened by this
> email.  I'm not a lawyer, just curious of what would you
> be doing in reponse.
>
> Note that:
>         The facts this email presents are inaccurate:
>
>         1) We don't have any "product" on www.linux.sgi.com
>            just a free source distribution.
>         2) His claim is ignoring the fact that "Linux" is
>            a trademark of Linus Torvalds which may invalidate
>            any claim to its derivatives by another party.
>         3) We use "Hard Hat 5.1" as a humorous way to say
>            it is somewhat unstable release of Red Hat 5.1
>            in a casual way in one title.
>         4) We never use the term "Hard Hat Linux".

I believe the installer uses the term `Hard Hat Linux', even on the
RH-sold Rough Cuts CD.  We should really rebuild that properly, and I
know Alex was talking about doing just that.  puffin?

[shaver@zamboni sbin]$ strings install2 | grep Hard\ Hat
Hard Hat Linux, portions (C) 1998 Red Hat Software

Mike
(now, back to efs_read_inode_direct)

--
1991.86 1829.26