Hard Hat Linux (fwd)

Subject: Hard Hat Linux (fwd)
From: (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 02:53:42 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure if I should feel amused or saddened by this
email.  I'm not a lawyer, just curious of what would you
be doing in reponse.

Note that:
        The facts this email presents are inaccurate:

        1) We don't have any "product" on
           just a free source distribution.
        2) His claim is ignoring the fact that "Linux" is
           a trademark of Linus Torvalds which may invalidate
           any claim to its derivatives by another party.
        3) We use "Hard Hat 5.1" as a humorous way to say
           it is somewhat unstable release of Red Hat 5.1
           in a casual way in one title.
        4) We never use the term "Hard Hat Linux".

I guess the question is whether our very innocent and casual
use of the phrase "Hard Hat" in one web page and without any
product connotation constitutes trademark infringement.