Re: Linux on an SGI Challenge L

To: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb@uab.edu>
Subject: Re: Linux on an SGI Challenge L
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:36:46 +0100
Cc: linux-smp@vger.rutgers.edu, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 03:47:19PM -0600, Andrew R. Baker wrote:

> Anyone care to make any comments on porting Linux to an SGI Challenge L
> machine w/ (4) R4400 processors?  Am I crazy to even attempt this?

You're not crazy, after all Linux is already running on bigger iron and
about to run on Sun's E10000.  However you should checkout again what
hardware you actually have on your system.  A Challenge L is mostly like
an Indy (which is supported), that is strictly uniprocessor.  So
your system either is not a multiprocessor system or not a Challenge L.