Re: SGI joins linux international

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: SGI joins linux international
From: "William J. Earl" <wje@fir.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 13:59:06 -0800
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Alex deVries writes:

 > This is obvioulsy very good news; would it be possible for SGI to comment
 > on exactly how they can support us further?
 >
 > SGI's done a great deal to help us this far, I'm really looking forward t
 > odoing more SGI/Linux stuff.  I see the biggest area where we need help in
 > getting more hardware supported.  That requires getting documentation.  I
 > think it would be great if SGI could allocate someone's time to find said
 > documentation.

       I am working on getting authorization to release more documentation,
as well as fragments of hardware management software and, if possible,
downloadable graphics firmware for those cards which require firmware.
I have agreement in principle, but I need to get agreement on the complete
list of items to be released.