Re: help offered

To: Olivier Galibert <>
Subject: Re: help offered
From: Jeffrey Watts <>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:11:19 -0600 (EST)
On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Olivier Galibert wrote:

> I can tell than an O2K with 64 CPUS works quite well when the hardware
> isn't failing, but the hardware is often failing...

Have you had a high failure rate?  We just bought 8 O2Ks with 12 CPUs
each.  We are supposed to take delivery next month.  The 2 single-module
Integrated Test machines we've gotten seem to work great.  These machines
will be used in a high-availability environment (4 nines, moving to 5
nines with FailSafe 2.0).

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Analyst               | "I don't think Microsoft is evil in |
| Sprint - Systems Management   |  itself; I just think that they     |
o-------------------------------|  make really crappy operating       |
                                |  systems."                          |
                                |  -- Linus Torvalds                  |