Re: HAL2 interrupt

To: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@bun.falkenberg.se>, ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: HAL2 interrupt
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 23:10:09 +0100
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 11:12:11AM +0100, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> The problem is that the sgiseeq and the sgiwd93 use HPC DMA as well, but
> they're

yes, but they aren't using PBUS DMA channels, because they aren't connected
to the PBUS.

> sharing local interrupt 0 (MIPS IRQ 2), and using some status register to
> differentiate them. If I were writing a sgiwd93 driver or a sgiseeq driver, my
> first guess would have been that they were using the SGINT_HPCDMA interrupts.

SCSI and ethernet are special HPC devices, so they get handled in a different
way.

> Well, looks like I'm out of luck, I'll do some trial & error.

try interrupt 12, which should be the HPC3 interrupt (sgint23.h). After
getting an HPC3 interrupt you have to look in HPC3 register istat0 and
istat1 for the interrupt source. I guess DaveM wanted to map these
interrupt sources to SGINT_HPCDMA, but never got to implement it.

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]