Re: HAL2 interrupt

To: Thomas Bogendoerfer <>,
Subject: Re: HAL2 interrupt
From: Ulf Carlsson <>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:12:11 +0100
On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 11:26:52PM +0100, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 12:59:01AM +0100, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> > Now I'm asking again, do you know which interrupt number I should request
> > for
> > the PBUS DMA:s. I can't handle the interrupts correctly without the
> > knowledge of
> for me it looks like SGINT_HPCDMA should be the first PBUS DMA interrupt.
> But looking further into the indyIRQ.S and indy_int.c indicates, that these
> interrupts aren't implemented, yet.

The problem is that the sgiseeq and the sgiwd93 use HPC DMA as well, but they're
sharing local interrupt 0 (MIPS IRQ 2), and using some status register to
differentiate them. If I were writing a sgiwd93 driver or a sgiseeq driver, my
first guess would have been that they were using the SGINT_HPCDMA interrupts.

Well, looks like I'm out of luck, I'll do some trial & error.

- Ulf