Re: MIPS R3230?

To: Eric Jorgensen <alhaz@xmission.com>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: MIPS R3230?
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 05:54:34 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 05:03:00PM -0700, Eric Jorgensen wrote:

>       On the other hand, I don't have a complete distribution of RISCos on
> either of them. They both mounted most of the /usr tree (or whatever it
> is on riscos) via NFS, some machine they can't talk to anymore.

Linux and related software have become a tomb stone for several old network
stacks and apps which crash, lockup or do other funnies.

The bad things is that these old MIPS machines need to boot from network
via a MIPS proprietary protocol named BFS of which no implementation is
floating around anymore.  Except David Monroe's implementation, that is.
If anybody still got his bfsd 1.01 source archive around, please drop me
a note.