Re: get_mmu_context()

Subject: Re: get_mmu_context()
From: Warner Losh <>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 17:36:53 -0600
In message <> writes:
: running on the target machine.  On the other side as soon as we run on
: the machine we know these details.  They're constants, so why not making
: optimal use of them?

I'm confused then...

: You're right in that things should become more generic and I have ideas
: to make them more generic.  For the moment being I don't want to continue
: on that since 2.2 is coming soon and more important things are still to do.
: That's should however be an interesting 2.3 project.

Yes.  Basically something has load the kernel, and that something
could do the fixups.  Basically it would be a relocation record with a
"tag" on it that said what systems to do it on.

However, I do see your point that when you want to have the varients
based on cache size, memory controller, cache line size, etc it gets
really ugly....

It would be a cool project, however...