Re: get_mmu_context()

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: get_mmu_context()
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:07:26 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Wouldn't it be easier to have ld to have variant fixup records?  That
way you could patch all instances at run time, much like we do when we
load stuff now...

You are basically duplicating the functionality of the linker here for
no good reason.  Actually, besides the non-standard aspect of it,
there is a good reason: it is easier to hack like this than to do
battle with the bfd and/or boot blocks to get this to happen. :-)

It is a way cool hack, don't get me wrong, but it just seems that it
would be more useful to be generic like that.

Warner