Re: get_mmu_context()

To: Vladimir Roganov <roganov@niisi.msk.ru>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: get_mmu_context()
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 00:44:08 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Ok, here is the first working and tested version of my runtime patched
get_mmu_context thing.  While writing the code I noticed that the code
patching stuff is actually already a part of what I was intending to implement
since long time like for example getting rid of function pointers and can
be used to optimize many more things throughout the kernel.  So while some
parts already look somewhat generic I'd like to make them really generic.
The thing is probably going to look somewhat similar to the Sparc btfixup
code which I'm going to read now.