On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Leon Verrall wrote:
> The cure is usually, take the top off the Indy and give the processor board
> a good push down and generally push everything else around it home...
I gave it some _really_ good pushes, didn't work at all. Yes, my Indy is
old (and certainly very crappy). I have never got that error with the
R4000SC (I've also switched processors back after testing the R4600PC, and
the R4000SC still works). Do you think this fault can be caused by damage
from static electricity?
I'm really disappointed with myself, life, and everything if I vaporized
this processor and this great chance to run Linux.