Re: SGI partitions / fdisk

To: Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl, ANeuper@guug.de, jj@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Subject: Re: SGI partitions / fdisk
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 00:59:46 +0200
Cc: LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk, fasten@informatik.uni-bonn.de, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, shaver@netscape.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sun, Oct 04, 1998 at 11:24:18PM +0200, Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:

> > I've got some more fdisk patches around which make fdisk work correctly
> > with PC style partitions on big endian machines.
>
> They are welcome, although it may well be that I have done
> this same work already. Have you looked at a recent fdisk?

No.  My work is based on whatever is shipping with RedHat 5.1.  Where can
I get the latest and hottest release of linux-utils?

> Btw - there will soon be a new release of util-linux,
> including fdisk etc, so this is a good moment to dig up
> all fdisk patches you may have.

Yes, it would be.  Actually since fdisk has been hacked up so badly I
think a major cleanup wouldn't be bad.

(Any followups please to ralf@bofh.de, not ralf@uni-koblenz.de.  The later
address will from tomorrow on be unreachable for as much as several days.)