HAL2

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: HAL2
From: Ulf Carlsson <grim@zigzegv.ml.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 13:23:12 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi,

As you know IRIX uses an audio library to provide audio support for user
level applications. The implementation of my HAL2 driver will exist in
kernel space, and a user level library will provide higher level interface
to the applications (the same interface as libaudio.a in IRIX). Do we know
what the interface between libaudio.a and the Irix kernel looks like or am
I free to do what I want?

The code I've written so far is based upon this idea.

Is this the Right Thing to do it?

Is there any further information except audio.h and hal.h which I don't
have?

- Ulf