Re: challenge s boots linux

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: challenge s boots linux
From: richardm@bif.cd.com (Richard Masoner)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:30:21 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
> >     First, I wonder how much of the kernel will actually work on the
> > Challenge S; I'm told there are SCSI controller differences.
>
> looking linus.linux.sgi.com, which is AFAIK a Challenge S, it seems the
> Challenge has a wd33c93 and a wd33c95.

Correct.  Challenge S has the same wd33c93 SCSI chip on it that the
Indy has.  Additionally, it has the wd33c95 chip for more SCSI buses
in place of of video and audio that's on the Indy.

--
Richard F. Masoner                         Digi International
richardm@cd.com                             1602 Newton Drive