Re: challenge s boots linux

Subject: Re: challenge s boots linux
From: (Richard Masoner)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:30:21 -0500 (CDT)
> >     First, I wonder how much of the kernel will actually work on the
> > Challenge S; I'm told there are SCSI controller differences.
> looking, which is AFAIK a Challenge S, it seems the
> Challenge has a wd33c93 and a wd33c95.

Correct.  Challenge S has the same wd33c93 SCSI chip on it that the
Indy has.  Additionally, it has the wd33c95 chip for more SCSI buses
in place of of video and audio that's on the Indy.

Richard F. Masoner                         Digi International                             1602 Newton Drive                    Champaign, IL 61822 USA