SCSI problems

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: SCSI problems
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 22:33:07 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
I'm trying to narrow down the SCSI problems, which some people are seeing.
I did some test with a DAT drive and got also problems. Right now my Indy
is running with a normal kernel but with SCSI dma disabled. And I didn't
see any problems. So could anybody try to start the kernel with following
setup option added:

wd33c93=nodma:1

Of course this decreases the SCSI speed, but I want know, if we get rid
of the problems. If I'm on the right track, I suspect some problems with
DMA/cache flushing.

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)