Re: Success at last...

To: Leon Verrall <leon@reading.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Success at last...
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 13:09:43 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Leon Verrall wrote:

> FInally got rid of the "Warning, unable to open console" message. I think I
> managed it by not letting IRIX anywhere near the tarball of hard hat.
> Downloaded and extracted entirely on Debian Linux.

This is really weird.  Can you explain in greater detail what you changed
to make sure that it worked?

> The installer went without a hitch *applause* and I now have a running
> Indy...

<puffin takes a bow>

These kinds of stories are very encouraging.  October 1 is when I'm going
to start again with the installer work, and this time it'll be done
*properly*, as the current one is a gross hack.

- Alex