Success at last...

To: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Success at last...
From: Leon Verrall <leon@reading.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:03:49 +0100 (BST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
FInally got rid of the "Warning, unable to open console" message. I think I
managed it by not letting IRIX anywhere near the tarball of hard hat.
Downloaded and extracted entirely on Debian Linux.

The installer went without a hitch *applause* and I now have a running
Indy...

The only odd think I've noticed is the console(s) are defaulting to 150
columns and 68 lines (I think) which is way larger than the visible area.
I've fiddles with stty and the likes... Is there something fundamental going
on here?

Leon

--
Leon Verrall - 01189 307734  \ "Don't cut your losses too soon,
Secondline Software Support  / 'cos you'll only be cutting your throat.