Re: Emacs problem

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: Emacs problem
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 02:08:18 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Fri, Aug 28, 1998 at 12:31:54PM +0200, ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 10:56:03PM +0200, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
>
> > Another questione does gcc/egcs produce .sdata, .lit4 or .li8 sections
> > on Linux/MIPS ?
>
> These sections are mostly being used for code using global pointer
> optimization.  .lit8 is also being used for fp code when assembling li.d
> macros.

as they don't show up in the temacs binary, I'll ignore them for unexec().

With a crude hack in unexec(), I now have a emcas binary, which will show up
an empty X window. Looking with strace and tcpdump it looks like emacs
tries to do more X work, but doesn't succeed. Stuff for the weekend ...

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)