boot problem for Indy

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: boot problem for Indy
From: Arnaud Le Neel <Arnaud.Le.Neel@cyceron.fr>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 19:04:42 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi,

I'm quite newbie on SGI/Linux, even if i know Linux and Unix. I'm
trying to boot with HardHat 5.1 (Manhattan) on an Indy (see below)
via a i686/Linux and here is what happens:

>> boot -f bootp()linux.cyceron.fr:vmlinux
Setting $netaddr to 192.93.44.35 (for server server.cyceron.fr)
Obtaining vmlinux from server.cyceron.fr

Cannot reload bootp()server.cyceron.fr:vmlinux
Illegal f_magik number 0x7f45, expected MIPSELMAGIC or MIPSEBMAGIC
Unable to load bootp()server.cyceron.fr:vmlinux: execute format error

Did anyone ever seen this message, and what is the solution, if there
is one ?

Thanks for your help
arno

PS: Here is the description of the Indy i want to boot Linux:
        IP22 100MHz R4000 with FPU
        Memory size 48 Mb

--
       Arnaud Le Néel                   Cyceron PET Research Center
Systems and Network administrator         Bd Becquerel - BP 5229