Re: Emacs problem

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: Emacs problem
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:56:03 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Mon, Aug 24, 1998 at 12:19:30PM +0200, ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> I think you can find the related ABI documentation on www.mipsabi.org.

ok, I've found what I was looking for.

> What details exactly are you interested in?  I've got a printed copy at
> home.

On other ELF platforms .rel section reference the section for which the
relocations are for in the sh_info section header. This field is 0 for
.rel.dyn sections. The ABI document states that the relocations for
.data and .sdata sections, so I know what I wanted to know:-)

Another questione does gcc/egcs produce .sdata, .lit4 or .li8 sections
on Linux/MIPS ?

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)