Re: Installing indy - help please

To: "Jan F. Chadima" <jfch@ruzenka.prf.cuni.cz>
Subject: Re: Installing indy - help please
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:55:52 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: SGI Linux <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Jan,

First, ther are some problems with the installer's partitioner; to avoid
this, make your disk an 'option' disk under Irix.  This will set up one
big partition to install onto. Just skip partitioning altogether in the
installer, then.

I expect you can fix your bootp problems by debugging it by using tcpdump
or another packet sniffer on the network. However, forcing it like you are
is just fine too.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.