Re: Merging for 2.1.116...

Subject: Re: Merging for 2.1.116...
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:44:51 +0200
Cc: Alex deVries <>, SGI Linux <>
On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 02:28:18AM +0200, wrote:
> I've just finished merging and debugging .111.  The new console code is
> nice, Thomas.  It accelerated the Indy console from Sun 3 style performance
> to too fast to read performance.  Things that I noticed

>  - bb is still broken when using aalib's Linux console driver

I'll have a look at it.

>  - We seem to have an off by one error.  The topmost scanline is also being
>    displayed at the bottom of the screen.

upps, never noticed that. There is another known bug in the console.
If you insert a character sometimes the character gets painted twice, one
at the correct position, the other at the end of the line.

>  - The display as programmed by Linux is somewhat offseted from IRIX's.  Bad
>    because one has to reduce the size of the display and still the display
>    will wander around when switching between operating systems.

I had to do this, otherwise we lose speed. I haven't found a solution, yet.
If I find one, we can also do other console resolutions.

>  - I broke the esp driver.

how that ? I thought there were only changes, which are already in our
tree (I guess your talking about NCR53C9x).

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)