Debugging emacs

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Debugging emacs
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 23:51:42 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi,

before I'll ask a bigger audience, I ask here:

As some of you know, emacs dies, when started to open it's own
X window on Linux/MIPS. While trying to debug emacs with gdb,
I found out, that emacs kills it's own .mdebug section when it dumps
(it inserts a new .data section, which kills all references in
the .mdebug section).

Now I'm looking for a way to start a X session with temacs, which has
a working .mdebug section. I'm able to do a temacs -l loadup, which
will give me a "normal" looking emacs. But I haven't found a way to get
temacs to create a X session.

Any hints ?

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)