Re: Indigo2 and O2 ports

To: David Kelly <david_kelly@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Indigo2 and O2 ports
From: Eric Kimminau <eak@detroit.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 12:13:31 -0400
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
David Kelly wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I'm new to this list, but would like to start helping port Linux to
> SGI hardware. The FAQ states Linux will only run on Indys. Is work
> being done on support for Indigo2 and O2s? What's the current status,
> and where can I get the source code? Is there a list of items that
> need to be done?
>
> Regards,
> David

Howdy David!
SGI/Linux is the port of Linux to Silicon Graphics hardware. It
currently supports all Indy models (R4400, R4600, or R5000 MIPS(TM)
CPUs, with or without secondary caches). Additional SGI hardware
support is planned but not yet available.

Do you have web access?

If so, please take a look at:

For status of the port:
http://www.linux.sgi.com/status.html

For Projects:
http://www.linux.sgi.com/projects.html

For source and binaries:
http://www.linux.sgi.com/software.html

For installation instructions:
http://www.linux.sgi.com/howtos.html

And the FAQ to answer these and many more questions:
http://www.linux.sgi.com/faq.html

Thanks!
                  Eric.

--
Eric Kimminau                           FTA/RSA

    When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing
    it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"

  "I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up..."

"I am the great supportfolio, do you have http?"
http://support.sgi.com

        Copyright 1998, Silicon Graphics Computer Systems
        Confidential to Silicon Graphics Computer Systems
                ** -- not for redistribution -- **