Re: Hard hat is no more...

To: SGI Linux <>
Subject: Re: Hard hat is no more...
From: Jeffrey Watts <>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:41:52 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Alex deVries wrote:

> I've been informed by the powers that be that "Hard Hat" CDs are from now
> on going to be called "Rough Cuts", sinc ethe original name is too close
> to "Red Hat", and ldilutes the Red Hat trade mark.

"Rough Cuts"?  Huh?  What is that supposed to mean?  I understood "Hard
Hat" as a nice play off of "Red Hat", but "Rough Cuts" seems, well, dumb.

"Rough Cuts Linux" doesn't sound right either.

Just my $.02

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Analyst               | "If you asked me to name the three  |
| Sprint - Systems Management   |  scariest threats facing the human  |
o-------------------------------|  race, I'd give the same answer     |
                                |  that most people would:  nuclear   |
                                |  war, global warming and Windows."  |
                                |  -- Dave Barry                      |