Re: FYI newport abscon

To: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: FYI newport abscon
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 11:27:12 +0200
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sun, Aug 02, 1998 at 12:39:37AM -0400, Alex deVries wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> > yesterday I managed to bring up my Indy with the new console code riped
> > out from 2.1.109. Today I've implemented new scrolling stuff for newport
> > abscon, which will give us a really fast console.
>
> This is very, very cool, and much needed to go on with 2.1.x kernel
> development.

yes, and that's my primary goal. The closer we get to the current 2.1.x
kernel, the better we can merge our changes into Linus tree. And this is
the best thing to let people see, that the MIPS port is still alive.

> Well, this is very cool.  What kind of use is this?  aalib... man, that'll
> be neat.  To hell with X when you have aalib.

:-) As I only speeded up scrolling time, it won't make any difference for
aalib. But sitting in front of a fast console you get the impression, that
the machine flys:-)

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)