FYI newport abscon

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: FYI newport abscon
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 02:29:07 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi,

yesterday I managed to bring up my Indy with the new console code riped
out from 2.1.109. Today I've implemented new scrolling stuff for newport
abscon, which will give us a really fast console. My simple test program,
which does 1000 printf("\n") in a loop, gives me about 62000 lines/second
on a 160x64 sized console. I also tried that program on my Dual P-233
with a Matrox Millenium and got about 260000 lines/s on a 80x25 sized
console (which is less than 1/5 the size of the Indy console).

My next steps are to bring up hardware cursor and palette stuff. So stay
tuned...

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)