Re: sound, power button, volume buttons

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: sound, power button, volume buttons
From: Alistair Lambie <alambie@rock.csd.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:04:11 -0700
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 08:40:10AM -0700, William J. Earl wrote:
>

> > I do have incomplete documentation for some of the MIPS systems.
>
> I'm currently doing some brain surgery on some OEM machine which identifies
> itself as RS3230 and is running RISC/os 4.50 :-)

Just in case some people don't know it (although I'd guess most people
do!) MIPS shipped the source of most of the driver code with RISC/os.
Doesn't help with the memory subsystem and the like of course.

Every machine shipped with an OS license, so even if you didn't get a
copy of the OS with your machine you are entitled to it...getting a copy
may be the difficult bit :-)

Alistair