Re: sound, power button, volume buttons

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: sound, power button, volume buttons
From: Richard Ingram <rji@bristol.st.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:31:18 +0100
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Jul 29,  6:50pm, ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:

> Do you think a ``Call for dusty Paper'' CfdP (TM) on the Usenet in groups
> like comp.sys.mips or comp.sys.sgi.* might make sense?  I bet there are
> still people out there, maybe former SGI employees in the meantime which
> have helpful data around.
>
> > I do have incomplete documentation for some of the MIPS systems.
>
> I'm currently doing some brain surgery on some OEM machine which identifies
> itself as RS3230 and is running RISC/os 4.50 :-)

Some bits of documentation are out on the WWW for MIPS R4000 boxes, but not
very technical - stuff like the 680MB CD-Rom users guide and ARC PROM commands
guide. I downloaded them from the Internet Technical Documentation Archive.

I also have some docs for the RC3x30 series - I'll mail the titles tommorrow
(if I remember to dig them out!), I was going to make them available to the
ITDA.

Richard.