Re: utmp.h

To: "Francis M.J. Hsieh" <mjhsieh@life.nthu.edu.tw>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: utmp.h
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 15:20:50 +0200
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 06:41:44PM +0800, Francis M.J. Hsieh wrote:

> Well, FYI, I found that the utmp.h is very different from that in x86
> linux or IRIX ...

It's that way because changing the structure to what the other architectures
are using would break the binary compatibility for not that much benefit.
I did so because glibc has already been the only libc for MIPS when other
architectures were still relying only on H.J. Lu's Linux Libc aka libc 5.

It's on the to do list for libc 7 and I think we've got still quite some
time before we take that step.