Re: What about...

To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: What about...
From: Jeffrey Watts <watts@sunflower.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 17:15:46 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: "William J. Earl" <wje@fir.engr.sgi.com>, adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca, anubis@BanjaLuka.NET, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > that giant a project, but it would not be particularly useful.  If there
> > were a good linux on some other very large ccNUMA machine, then an Origin
> > port would be much simpler.  By "good", I mean a linux which scale well
> > for large (greater than 32) processor and I/O count (many I/O buses
> > and thousands of disk).  It expect such a linux will happen eventually,
> > but not yet.

Boy would it be fun to work on that port.  Origin2000s are seriously cool.
I am getting 9 new Origin2000 systems in about 6 weeks.  I wonder if
Sprint would mind if I used one for Linux porting...  :-)

J.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Analyst               | "Proprietary system advocates       |
| Sprint - Systems Management   |  aren't evil or stupid.  They are   |
o-------------------------------|  the victims.  They have a disease  |
                                |  and they need help."               |
                                |  -- Donald B. Marti Jr.             |