Mouse support in 2.1.100-2

To: adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca (Alex deVries)
Subject: Mouse support in 2.1.100-2
From: Honza Pazdziora <adelton@informatics.muni.cz>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:09:43 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
> > - mouse doesn't work?
>
> In the HH install, there's a package called 'kernel-2.1.100-2'.  If you
> install this, you'll have something like /boot/vmlinux-2.1.100.  That
> kernel (2.1.100) should have mouse support in it.  you'll have to make a
> symbolic link from /dev/psaux to /dev/mouse.

I'm using the new kernel but am confused about the devices. Should I have

        psaux (10/1) and mouse -> psaux ?

Here gpm fails with

        gpm: /dev/mouse: Operation not supported by device

and the same message I get then I do cat /dev/psaux.

Or
        mouse (4/64) and psaux -> mouse ?

Here gpm starts without a problem but no running cursor on the screen.

Yours,

 Honza Pazdziora | adelton@fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
                   I can take or leave it if I please